Hutchies has been building the structures in which Australians live, work, study, shop and play since 1912. From our early beginnings, we have grown into a dynamic and diverse construction company, delivering sophisticated projects across a comprehensive portfolio.
We're not like other builders. Relationships are everything to us – whether it's with our people, our clients, or the local communities in which we live and work.
About the role
Hutchies is looking for a bright and reliable Carpentry Apprentice to join their Cairns team.
This opportunity will allow you to work alongside professional tradespeople to learn all aspects of the Carpentry trade in the commercial industry.
Out of Trade Apprentices are welcome to apply.
About Hutchies' culture
Hutchies’ company members also gain exclusive access to a range of extra benefits as part of their employment. You’ll enjoy discounted personal travel and flights, health insurance, superannuation, and large purchases from Australia’s biggest retailers. Various social events, meetings and conferences are held throughout the year. We also offer a world-class employee assistance program (EAP) for our people and their immediate family in times of need.
- You will preferably have some work experience in construction
- Be committed and determined to finish your apprenticeship and become a qualified Carpenter
- Have a great attitude towards work, self-motivated, proactive, and willing to learn
- Will have a driver's license and reliable transport or a plan for getting it
- White Card (or be willing to obtain prior to starting)