About the role
Hutchies is currently seeking a Bid Coordinator to become an integral part of our Townsville team in a full-time permanent role.
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will collaborate with key stakeholders to coordinate the bid process and produce winning submissions for our Townsville team.
- Prepare, organise, and format bid documents for EOIs and tenders, ensuring that they address client requirements, as well as Hutchies’ standards
- Conduct research and analysis to understand project requirements, scope, timelines, and evaluation criteria
- Collaborate with various teams, including estimating and project management, to gather essential information and data required for submissions
- Draft and edit proposal content, including summaries, technical narratives, and pricing details, to effectively convey the company's capabilities and competitive advantage
- Coordinate with the communication team to create visuals, charts, and graphics that enhance the visual appeal and readability of proposals
- Ensure that all bid submissions meet compliance requirements and deadlines, including adherence to legal, financial, and quality standards
- Manage the submission process, including printing, binding, and delivery of bid documents, either electronically or in hard copy
- Maintain an organised database and library of related resources, templates, and frequently used content for future reference
- Regularly review and assess the Team’s proposal process and suggest improvements to streamline and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of bid submissions
- Maintain document control for all tender documents, both internally and for documentation provided to subcontractors and suppliers, ensuring all parties have the most recent revision
Qualifications and experience
- A Bid Coordinator with at least 2 years’ previous experience, preferably within the construction industry
- An exceptional communicator, with a proven track record of winning bids
- A team player that values strong stakeholder relationships
- Skilled in writing compelling content, with a keen eye for detail
- A self-motivated individual with ability to manage multiple bids concurrently and works well under pressure
- Excellent experience using Microsoft Office including Word and PowerPoint to generate high quality submission responses consistently using Hutchies’ templates
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite (ie InDesign / Illustrator / Photoshop etc) a bonus but not essential
Agency submissions will not be considered for this position.