Work Health and Safety Officer, Southport QLD – Project Based
Hutchies has been building the structures in which Australians live, work, study, shop and play since 1912. From our early beginnings, we have grown into a dynamic and diverse construction company, delivering sophisticated projects across a comprehensive portfolio.
We're not like other builders. Relationships are everything to us – whether it's with our people, our clients, or the local communities in which we live and work.
About the role
Hutchies is currently seeking a proactive Work Health & Safety Officer to join our Southport office in a full-time capacity. Along with the project team, this position will be responsible for managing the day-to-day health and safety requirements on their project as well as identify continuous improvement opportunities to drive the project's health and safety performance. On site construction safety experience is essential.
About the team
You will be a key member of our safety team, who along with the site team, will be responsible for ensuring that our projects are delivered in a safe manner. The work is varied and you will gain wide exposure to jobs of all shapes and sizes. This role offers excellent career development opportunities.
Hutchies’ work health and safety officers are highly regarded in our business and they are actively involved in projects from start to finish. You will get the opportunity to take pride in your work, work autonomously and as a team, and be mentored and trained by Hutchies’ senior HSE managers.
About Hutchies' culture
Hutchies’ company members also gain exclusive access to a range of extra benefits as part of their employment. You’ll enjoy discounted personal travel and flights, health insurance, superannuation, and large purchases from Australia’s biggest retailers. Various social events, meetings and conferences are held throughout the year. We also offer a world-class employee assistance program (EAP) for our people and their immediate family in times of need.
- Implementation and management of Hutchies' safety management system
- Ensuring the project safety management plan is effectively communicated and implemented
- Liaising with the project team members for subcontractor management including SWMS reviews
- Discuss, monitor, and assist the workforce in the safe delivery of on-site activities
- Providing on-site expertise and advise for all work health and safety matters
- Completing weekly safety audits and closing out actions
- Completing task observations
- Incident reporting and investigation
- Conducting site-specific inductions
- Conducting toolbox meetings
- Participating in the daily pre-start meeting
Preferred qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum of Certificate IV – Workplace Health and Safety
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role in the construction industry
- Strong knowledge of current Legislation and Codes of Practice
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and within in team environment, self-motivated and well organised