Hutchies has been building the structures in which Australians live, work, study, shop and play since 1912. From our early beginnings, we have grown into a dynamic and diverse construction company, delivering sophisticated projects across a comprehensive portfolio.
We're not like other builders. Relationships are everything to us – whether it's with our people, our clients, or the local communities in which we live and work.
About the role
Hutchies is currently recruiting an enthusiastic and highly motivated Site Manager.
This position will be part of our Sydney team however will initially be working on a newly awarded project based in the Southern Sydney / Wollongong areas.
Candidates with project delivery experience in the health sector will be highly regarded.
About the team
Joining the close-knit Sydney team, you will find yourself involved in a varied and broad range of construction projects in (but not limited to) the Retail, Hospitality, Healthcare, Education and Commercial sectors. We are a business-orientated team that focuses on working together, excellent client service and identifying and driving new business.
Ideally, you should have good logic and numeracy skills, attention to detail and professional communication skills.
About Hutchies' culture
Hutchies’ company members also gain exclusive access to a range of extra benefits as part of their employment. You’ll enjoy discounted personal travel and flights, health insurance, superannuation, and large purchases from Australia’s biggest retailers. Various social events, meetings and conferences are held throughout the year. We also offer a world-class employee assistance program (EAP) for our people and their immediate family in times of need.
- Coordination of trades, materials, and suppliers in accordance with the plans, specifications, finishes and construction program
- Monitoring and managing labour on site and maintain schedule • Liaising with regulatory bodies, designers, and clients
- Management of all aspects of Work, Health and Safety
- Manage the activities of site staff, subcontractors, and trades suppliers
- Proactively facilitate consultation with all project stakeholders
Preferred skills and experience
- A proven track record in delivering projects over $10 million from start to completion
- High quality communication skills
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Takes initiative, working independently & responsibly to represent Hutchies
- Experience in utilising site safety software such as HammerTech, Procore or similar
- A natural ability to drive the project forward all the while maintaining and developing relationships with client subcontractors, consultants, and clients alike
- Understanding of building methodologies, OHS Act, Legislation and Building Code