Hutchies has been building the structures in which Australians live, work, study, shop and play since 1912. From our early beginnings, we have grown into a dynamic and diverse construction company, delivering sophisticated projects across a comprehensive portfolio.
We're not like other builders. Relationships are everything to us – whether it's with our people, our clients, or the local communities in which we live and work.
About the role
Hutchies is currently seeking highly motivated and experienced Site Supervisor to join our Townsville team.
About Hutchies' culture
Hutchies’ company members also gain exclusive access to a range of extra benefits as part of their employment. You’ll enjoy discounted personal travel and flights, health insurance, superannuation, and large purchases from Australia’s biggest retailers. Various social events, meetings and conferences are held throughout the year. We also offer a world-class employee assistance program (EAP) for our people and their immediate family in times of need.
- Supervise and manage day-to-day operations including subcontractors, labourers, and materials
- Ensure projects are planned and delivered according to agreed scope, timelines, and financial targets
- Attend project sites and participate in sites meetings as needed
- Ensure construction is carried out accurately in accordance with design plans and quality standards
- Forecast and plan projects' activities, materials, and resources to ensure efficient execution
- Closely monitor and manage variations across project lifecycle
- Oversee the planning, delivery, and tracking of projects progress
- Demonstrate strong leadership, accountability, and inspiration for project teams
- Lead by example and ensure compliance with company culture, rules, and procedures.
- Proactively plan workflow on daily basis to meet specifications and deadlines
- Ensure all projects health & safety requirements are met
Preferred skills and experience
- 3 - 5 years site management experience in the construction industry
- Previous experience managing projects
- Have excellent verbal & written communication skills with a professional attitude
- Be client focused with a sense of urgency and an eye for details
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-Motivated, process driven with focus on excellence and getting things done
Candidates with project delivery experience in Health will be highly regarded.
Agency applications will not be considered for this position.