Weeks to build
The heritage-listed Innisfail Magistrates Court was built and opened in 1939. Registered on the Queensland Heritage Register since 1995, the court house has endured it's fair share of harsh wet seasons and cyclones in it's time due to the tropical climate of Far North Queensland. This left it with a build up of essential maintenance and restoration work that Hutchies had great pride in undertaking to preserve this icon for many more years to come.
The project mandate was to refurbish the exterior of the building to repair and improve its original architectural style of Classicism, carefully replacing the roof sheeting, gutters and downpipes, as well as some minor internal works that were needed. This led to additional essential works being carried out.
The extra delicate essential works were also carried out by Hutchies across the building's timber windows and doors, brickwork mortar restoration, external repaint and rendering touch ups, electrical and fire services upgrades, balustrade restoration and more.